Saturday, May 16, 2009

Home Again...


Friday morning I changed a really stinky diaper. I never thought I would say this, but I was so happy to do it. I have missed being home and participating in the everyday joys of housewifery. I missed getting the boys ready for the day. I missed sticky hands and making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at noon. I missed saying, "Do you want to go to time out?" and "Be nice to your brother!" I missed PBS kids in the morning. I may be going a little batty.

I am blessed with a wonderful husband, who has been playing "Mr. Mom" for about a month now, while I have been working full time at a temp job. He got to do all of the cleaning and cooking and disciplining during the day. It is tiring work. He did an amazing job. He has so much more patience than me. I love him even more for doing it. Maybe this life experience is just helping us to appreciate how hard the other one works each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment