Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bracelet Refashion


Apparently, this little technique is a big thing because I have found tutorials on two blogs that I frequent, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I have several beaded bracelets that have been pulled apart by my boys and way too much ribbon for a mom with two boys. So, I took one old bracelet's worth of beads and a length of ribbon I had on hand and transformed it into a new bracelet, using this tutorial as a guide.

Not bad for a first try. There are two things I would change from the tutorial if I attempt this again. One, I would make the ribbon longer so that I could tie it in a bigger bow. Two, I would not sew the ribbon together first, so that the ends would be just the wide ribbon.

One thing I did differently from the tutorial. I folded the ends in and slip stitched it closed (I didn't have any fray-check) and I think it finished it nicely. There's nothing like a new piece of jewelry that doesn't cost a penny! How do you refashion on the cheap?

2 comments: