Monday, December 6, 2010

Hello Gorgeous!


For those of you that know me, you know that I have a serious love of things feminine and vintage, and chocolate.  My birthday was filled with lots of things that fit this bill.  A flattering, gathered purple dress, jeans that make me look thinner, fabulous pewter ruffled heels, vintage inspired jewelry, a gift card to JoAnns to buy whatever I want, a great oversized purple purse, this chocolate cake.

 

All of these things were perfect, but my very favorite gift?  Handsome Husband has been working on this one for a while now. 


He rebuilt a vintage chandelier that was hanging out in my parents' garage.  We think it belonged to my grandparents.  It involved a lot of work (rewiring, buffing, cleaning, etc.), but the payoff was huge.  I'm not even sure about the origins of this chandelier, but I have this romantic idea of its past life.  I love the sparkle it gives to the dining room.  I am so happy I married such a handy man!  To top it off, he even designed a beautiful birthday card inspired by the light fixture.  Love!

Thank you to all who made my birthday a splendid event, especially to my husband, who really does light up my life!

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! It is so beautiful! Mike did a great job! It is wonderful to have handyman husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. Sounds wonderful. The light is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! The chandelier is beautiful! Glad it was a perfect birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday - sorry we missed it! Sounds like you had a great one though! Love the chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe I recognize that CC bag. Love Charmin Charlies! That chandelier is really gorgeous! Happy late Birthday

    ReplyDelete