Monday, January 9, 2012

Sugar High

I had to go in and do the three hour blood glucose test on Friday (my levels were too high on the normal one hour test), and since then, I have had this strange love-hate relationship with sugar.  After consuming what tasted like a can of Hawaiian Punch concentrate in five minutes, with nothing else in my stomach, I didn't really want to eat anything sweet for the rest of the day.  I am scared that my holiday sweet binging is causing my problems.  So why is is that I keep pinning sweet treats?  I think I am torturing myself!  Then there is the cherry cheesecake in the fridge and pie from Mike's birthday that keep calling my name...

Here's hoping that I don't have gestational diabetes.  Stinkin' sweet tooth!

On another sugar-related note, we helped clean the church building on Saturday.  We have a little tradition of going and getting donuts after we help clean as a little incentive for our young boys to be good helpers.  Don't worry, I make them drink a healthy fruit smoothie with the donuts.  Does that make it a healthy breakfast?  Probably not.

As we placed a cinnamon-swirled donut in front of Mr. Three, he grinned ear to ear and simply said, "Happy!"

Life is sweet.


3 comments:

  1. I had to do the 3 hr, I think with Kevra. It made me so sick, I went home and threw up. Lovely memory. And the worst part was that I was normal, great, all that and not even diabetic. Just kidding, I was grateful.

    I have a constructive critisism (not sure how to spell that). You need a new picture at the top that includes your adorable #3, especially since #4 is on the way.

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, I have been wanting to change my header for a long time, but haven't found the image that I really want. Hopefully I'll get that done soon! Thanks for the suggestion, it is motivating me to fix it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, I have been wanting to change my header for a long time, but haven't found the image that I really want. Hopefully I'll get that done soon! Thanks for the suggestion, it is motivating me to fix it up.

    ReplyDelete