Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Prep Weekend

Saturday was spent prepping for Valentine's Day.

Mr. One was busy at work making his school Valentines.  I printed Dana's heartbreaker valentines, and helped him assemble them, using hot glue instead of staples to put the hearts together.


Mr. Two had fun making (felt) pizza and playing with the Legos.  Mr. One had lots of Lego playing time after Valentines were done, too.


Mr. Three kept himself entertained with the paper scraps, a spice jar with beans inside (great noise maker), and the tupperware cabinet.


Handsome Husband installed my Valentine gift:  a lighted ceiling fan in our front room.  I love that man and his fix-it skills!  We're looking forward to a cooler room and lower electric bills come the hot months.


I managed to sneak in some time to make oreo truffles for our Sunday dinner after the kiddos went to bed.  Yum!

We're looking forward to some Valentine fun today.  Hope you all are feeling loved!

Oreo Truffles

1 package Oreo cookies, crushed into fine crumbs (I used my food processor)
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
almond bark or melting chocolate

Mix Oreo crumbs into softened cream cheese and roll into balls (I used approximately 1/2 tablespoon for each ball).  Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes until hardened.  Dip in heated melting chocolate, or almond bark and put back in refrigerator to set.  Drizzle with extra chocolate or sprinkles.  Makes about 60 truffles. (I halved the recipe to make 30)

No comments:

Post a Comment