Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Beginning Sound Blackout

Mr. Two is really into beginning sounds right now.  We played a Christmas blackout game today that I had already made up.  We took turns drawing a card and matching it on our board if we had the beginning sound for the card (I used stickers for my cards).  If we didn't, it went back to the bottom of the stack.


Keep playing until one player has all of their letters covered for a blackout.  To make my game self-checking, I wrote the name for each picture and the beginning sound letter on the back of each card.


Then I thought about all of the little Christmas miniatures I had on hand.  For a different variation, place one object in a small bag to match each letter on the game board, then instead of drawing a card and matching it onto the board, choose an object to match.


No comments:

Post a Comment