Thursday, April 2, 2009

The True Meaning of Easter

Mike's parents came to visit this week. Andrew was ecstatic. Mike and I were thrilled. Ben is happy to have anyone who wants to dote on him.

We soaked up as much grandparent time as we could in the few days they were here. On Tuesday night, we all went to the Easter Pageant together. Andrew said, "You mean like when we go to the temple and see Jesus and eat fish?" (You have to eat fish and chips at Pete's for the full experience.) Yes, Andrew, and as you get older it will mean even more to you than just good food and seeing Jesus on the stage.

We typically go to the pageant each year. Sometimes it feels more like a habit than something to look forward to. Mike's parents have never seen it. Maybe I was more attentive seeing the pageant through their eyes. Maybe I was able to focus better sitting closer to the stage.

I guess I needed to hear The Message more this year. As I watched the scenes of the Savior's life pass by on the stage, watching miracle after miracle unfold before my eyes, I couldn't help but notice how intensely personal each miracle seemed. It made me think, "That is how the Savior's love and His atonement work for each of us. He forgives us and He provides the miracles we personaly need." What a beautiful message. What hope filled my soul. Life isn't easy, but the Savior is always there. I need to remember that.

1 comment:

  1. That was so cute, and at the same time so inspiring! :) love easter

    ReplyDelete