Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Andrew is FOUR!


It's hard to believe you are four. I am no longer allowed to call you my baby, you are a big boy now. (Or so you remind me whenever I slip and don't use your preferred moniker.) Well, little man, I hate to break it to you, but you'll always be my baby. Even when you're taller than me and have a family of your own, I will still see that sweet, dark-haired babe who had my heart at very first glance. In honor of your fourth birthday, here are just four things that I truly adore about you, my big boy.

  1. Your smile, crooked and sincere. Nothing melts my heart like that sweet, slightly asymmetrical grin. Those smart, slightly askew glasses just make you even more precious.
  2. Your enthusiastic vocabulary. You never have a good day, or an OK day. Your days are "Great!" and "Actually, really great!" You announce yourself at the door with a "Hey guys, I'm here!" You love to converse at the dinner table and ask Daddy, "So, how was your day at work?"
  3. No matter how naughty you can be to your little brother or how many ways you invent to talk back, you are always sorry for doing something wrong. You really want to do what is right, and you can't wait to get out of time out to apologize. I know you really love your family.
  4. You still see an open lap as an opportunity to snuggle and say, "Mommy, you are the best Mommy in the whole world" (who can resist that?) or a chance to hear a favorite story (or two or three...). I have to admit, this is my favorite time of the day with you.
As you age, this list of adorations will continue to grow, but for now, I'm so grateful for this time to enjoy your fun four-year-old self. So, Mr. "I-Am-Four-so-I'm-a-Big-Boy" remember I and your daddy love you, no matter how big you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment