Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Chocolate-Mint Brownie Heaven


In honor of my amazing mother's birthday, here is my absolute favorite mint brownie recipe. They are my mommy's favorite, and remind her of her days at BYU. Plus, they're extra sweet and comforting just like her.

A wonderful lady in my ward, Carrie Westergard, shared this recipe with a few changes of her own. Instead of nesting the peppermint patties into the dough, she bakes them without. Then when cooled, frost them with mint icing (mix 1/2 cup softened butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/4 tsp. mint extract and green food coloring), then melt 1/4 cup butter and 1 cup chocolate chips together and spread them on top.

Just a little warning, they are very rich and very addictive, so plan on lots of sharing. You may not want to at first bite, but trust me. Your waistline will thank me later. Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. those look dangerously yummy i will have to hide this from Lars

    ReplyDelete