Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sticker I Spy Art


Here is a simple little activity we did (when my brain returned temporarily from its vacation...).

I have many random stickers accumulated over the years, so we put them to good use yesterday afternoon.

After reading some of our favorite I Spy books, we created our own I Spy art, using stickers. We looked at some pages in the books and I pointed out how many different things were hiding in the pages and how much more fun it was when there was more variety. (This was for the benefit of my car-loving son who probably would have just stuck with car stickers, literally.) I simply placed a pile of stickers on the table, and let the kids stick away. They loved it, and then we played "I Spy" with their masterpiece.

Stick away my friends!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea! I, too, have many random stickers. I would so much rather this than find them stuck to furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea - now I know how to use our left-over stickers. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute ideas :) still need that spybag was i supposed to send my address?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea. A perfect car activity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! You and your I Spy stuff! SO COOL! I still love the blanket idea. I really need to do that or actually have someone do that because I don't have a machine...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We did this act. and I posted pics of it and gave you a shout out. Check it out. http://5sillyfrogs.blogspot.com/2009/08/i-spy.html

    ReplyDelete