Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

How is it that it has taken me two weeks to post about Mother's Day?  Better late than never.

My Mother's Day was wonderful.  I only have two big requirements requests when it comes to what I want on my day.

Number one, I don't want to cook or clean.

Number two, I want to spend time enjoying my family.

Andrew made me a sweet flower, magnet and card at school.  He couldn't wait to give them to me, so he hid them as soon as he got over to my parents' house Friday after school and lead me on a treasure hunt for my gifts.  I love the enthusiasm!

On Sunday morning, Mike cooked breakfast (French Toast, yum!).

I read stories with my boys, lounging in our pj's.

We got ready and headed off to church.

In church on Mother's Day, the kids sang a medley of Mother themed songs.  They also filled out a cute little questionnaire about their mothers.  I love this activity.  Here are Mr. One's answers.  Oh, the wisdom of a five year old.

All About My Mom:

How old is your mom?  20 (Good boy!)

What is your mom's favorite color?  pink

What is your most favorite meal that your mom cooks?  pancakes

What do you like to do with your mom?  play games and have snacks

What is your mom's favorite thing to do?  stay in bed (Can you tell we have a newborn in our home right now...)

What color of eyes does your mom have?  brown

What's your favorite thing about your mom?  she spends the night with my brother (I'm not sure what that's all about.  The baby is in our room now, so maybe he likes not hearing him cry at night?)

After church, we had a yummy dinner of fancy mac and cheese, artichokes, salad and bread.  Dessert was crepes smothered in Nutella and covered with bananas, strawberries and whipped cream.  Yum, yum, yum!!!

And the best part of dinner, no clean up duty for me!


I am the luckiest mommy to have three beautiful boys to love and a wonderful husband to share the joy in the journey.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Mother's Day to you. This questionnaire cracked me up :)

    ReplyDelete