Thursday, July 11, 2013

Now I Know I'm Not on Vacation Anymore

We just flew back into town last night from an amazing week in Washington D.C.  (I will post more about our adventures soon.)  In case I didn't know that our vacation was officially over, I have several evidences. 

One, the van wouldn't start last night.  Luckily, my sister was able to pick us up at the airport in a work truck so we could get home.  Mike and my dad spent a chunk of the evening problem shooting and putting in a new battery.  We need new tires and probably some additional work.

Two, we walked in the door to a horrible smell.  Let's just say that there was some bathroom cleaning to be done in a jiffy, that included a lot of Febreeze, and we'll leave it at that...

Three, Mr. Two woke up with a headache and has been throwing up this morning.  More cleaning.

Four, there are piles and piles of laundry and bags to unpack.

Five, as I was going through emails and web surfing at breakfast, I turned to see this:


Oh yes, Mr. Four is on the table and that is Mr. Three's soggy breakfast he is flinging all over the crowded surface.

It was a dream vacation, and I am so grateful we were able to go.  Even more, I am glad that all of the sickness and car troubles waited until we got home to manifest themselves!  Now it's off to clean and all that jazz...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home and back to reality!?! And even crying number four is cute! Sorry to see that he is a climber now. Just a word to the wise. Don't leave salt and pepper shakers on the table unless you like to refill often. :)

    ReplyDelete