Monday, July 26, 2010

On Trying New Foods

Growing up, I earned the reputation as the "world's pickiest eater."  I practically lived on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, french fries and cold cereal.  Even though I have gotten better at trying new things, it doesn't surprise me that I have a few picky eaters in my home as well.  Mr. One is an especially picky eater.  No soup, very few veggies, and don't even try to get him to eat potatoes...

So, when I found some golden raspberries at the grocery store and decided to give them a try I didn't hold my breath that Mr. One would try them.  We tried organic yellow carrots, and he just turned his nose up and refused to even look at them, let alone taste them! 


Imagine my shock when he eagerly asked to try a golden berry as I washed them up for dinner.  He popped one in his mouth, then excitedly exclaimed, "These taste just like the red ones!  Yum!"  Then he paused, and thoughtfully said, "You know, maybe I should have tried those yellow carrots. I bet they tasted good like the orange ones, too."


Here's to trying new things, and to the possibility that One might actually like something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment