Monday, November 14, 2011

Five Crows

I have a cute scarecrow/crow illustration that my friend and former teacher's aide drew for me for a fun little song I used to use in Kindergarten for my Fall unit.  I've always wanted to post it to share, but I don't have a clue how to put it up for someone to download/copy.  (I am technically challenged.  Help!)

Here's my original.


When I saw this adorable free printable counting crows activity (and some more great printables) from Michelle of Musings of Me, I thought it was a perfect fit for my little song.  So, if you'd like a cute scarecrow and crows to use for the song, you can go here to download the file.  Or you could make your own (or sweet talk an artistic friend into making you one, too).

Here's the song:

Five Crows All Shiny Black
(to the tune of Five Little Speckled Frogs)

Five crows all shiny black,
sat on a scarecrow's back
eating some most delicious corn, "caw, caw."
Scarecrow winked and shouted, "Boo!"
Scared one crow, away he flew.
Now there are four black shiny crows.
(You continue the verses until you have no crows left)


I laminated my scarecrow on construction paper with the printed song on the back.  I also laminated my five black crows.  I then attached five squares of sticky velcro to above the scarecrow so the crows would sit on its arms, and a strip of velcro to the back of the scarecrow page so they could fly away (and not get lost).  Then, I added velcro to the bird backs.


My kindergarteners loved this, and I have used it with Nursery aged and preschool aged children as well.  It is a favorite Fall song.  Thanks Michelle for an awesome printable to use with this!

*linking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment