Monday, March 26, 2012

More St. Patty's Day Game Ideas

St. Patrick's Day has come and gone, but I thought I'd post a few more activities my boys enjoyed.  Better late than never, right?


I added some plastic shamrocks and green gems to our dried peas and gold/green coins in our sensory tub.  The boys especially liked using the little rake and scoops to uncover the treasures in the box.

I found this fun place value game to use with Mr. One.  You pick a coin and have to place it on the mat to make a 4 digit number.  Once you place your number, you cannot move it.  Whoever has the biggest number wins.  Confession time:  We haven't played this one yet, but I think my first grader will like it.  We'll have to try it out sometime this week before I put it away for next year.

We played roll a rainbow again.  Anything that involves candy is pretty much a sure-fire hit at our house.

Mr. Three loved throwing our split pea shamrocks into a pot (or just at his brothers...).

Looking for more St. Patty's day fun?  Check out my pinboard here, or my side label for St. Patrick's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment