Friday, August 19, 2011

Color Sorting Mat

When I saw this mat on Frugal Family Fun Blog, I knew I wanted to make something similar.

Here's what I came up with:

Fold-up Color Sorting Mat with Pocket


I found fat quarters in the basic colors and cut 6" squares of each of the 10 colors.  I sandwiched in a layer of felt between the muslin backing to give it a little more structure, and added a simple side pocket and ribbon closure.

It folds and ties for easy storing and carrying.


I love the pocket at the end to store sorting treasures.  I think when I make another, I'll opt for a full zipper instead of velcro.  If I post a full tutorial, I'll be changing that.


Mr. One had a good time sorting beads on our new mat.




My boys had fun sorting our tub of frogs and turtles using the mat as well.


Have fun sorting!

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this mat! Can u make one for me? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marnie,

    I'm glad you like it. If you'd like to contact me via email, I'd be happy to make one for you and work out a price.

    ReplyDelete