Thursday, August 18, 2011

First Day(s) of School

School is back in full swing here now.  Mr. One is now a first grader and Mr. Two is in preschool.

The boys started school on different days, so we got to have two first days.

They are both loving their teachers and making new friends.

Here is how I was greeted on the morning of Mr. One's first day of school. 
 

I have some very creative dressers on my hands. 

 

 

Luckily, it didn't take too much convincing to get at least Mr. One in more school appropriate attire. (Don't you love how Mr. Three had to get in on the photo taking session as well?)


I'm so relieved he still lets me pick out his clothes.  I realize that this will not last.  He is just so handsome in his preppy clothes and Cars backpack.  This kid is growing up so fast, I can hardly stand it.  I can still see my big eyed, chubby cheeked babe in his face sometimes, but the cheeks are melting away to reveal a more mature little boy, who pays more attention to the world around him.  Maybe a little too much attention...


After his first day, Mr. One said his day was, "Awesome!"  He truly loves school.  I hope he keeps that enthusiasm.

He has several friends from kindergarten in his room and a wonderful teacher.  I taught 3 of her 4 children in kindergarten, and she was my aide in the morning the last year that I taught.  She then started teaching full time the year I left to stay home.  It has been fun to see the tables turn and to be able to help her out this time around, as she was an amazing support for me when I taught. 
 
Mr. Two took a little more convincing to get excited about preschool. 


Even though he talked excitedly about going to preschool all the previous week, I had to nearly drag him into the classroom at the beginning of the day.  When I picked him up, he was all smiles in the room, but grumpy in the car.  He was upset with me because he didn't get to eat lunch in the cafeteria (they eat their lunches in the classroom as part of the program).  I mistakenly told him he would be eating a cafeteria lunch at school, so naturally, he figured they'd eat it in the cafeteria.  My bad.  Overall, he said he had a good day, and decided to keep going, even though he didn't like all the singing.


The only item Mr. Two requested for "school supplies" was a Mater water bottle.  If that's all it takes, he can have it!  He was so excited to go to Target and pick one out.  Simple pleasures.


Mr. Three and I have a little stretch of time alone together.  He is a little confused sometimes that his brothers aren't around.  When we went over to my parents' house after dropping Mr. Two off at school, my mom jokingly asked Mr. Three where his brothers were.  He started wandering around the house looking for them, then getting confused when he couldn't find them.  It will be nice to have some one-on-one time together and errand running will be much quicker with only one person to strap into a car seat!

Happy new school year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment