Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Candy Cane Treats

Today was a half day for Mr. One, so I was able to have all my boys home to do some activities during the day.

I decided to stick with a candy cane theme when I came across this recipe for Peppermint Bark Rice Krispie Treats.  Oh, yummy!

I couldn't find the peppermint marshmallows at my grocery store, so I used mint extract.  They still turned out delicious.


This was such a fun recipe for my kids to help make.  They loved mixing and dumping the ingredients.  They enjoyed sampling the marshmallows and chocolate chips.  The best part was crushing the candy canes into sprinkles.  They could have pulverized candy canes (with lots of pausing to taste their creations) all afternoon!


They also played a few rounds of candy cane concentration and made a candy cane wall hanging.  I changed it up a bit from two years ago and had them glue tissue paper squares onto waxed paper so we could hang them in the window for an easy decoration.


I even squeezed in three badly needed haircuts during Mr. Three's naptime (he woke up half way through, so I went ahead and clipped his hair too).  (Mostly) neatly trimmed and clean, all before dinnertime.  Not too shabby.

All in all, it was a pretty sweet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment